We were all set to leave this morning for a few days, knowing the next 'norther' was due by Thursday, but it appeared to be accelerating with winds forecast to shift to the west by Wednesday. Our anticipated anchorages on Isla Espiritu Santos would be somewhat exposed and rolly. Hmm -- let's wait until Friday and then we can go out for a few nights and be back in time for the fitting of our new dodger and bimini. This will also give us more time to get energized as we aren't exactly bouncing back 100% from our post-Christmas flu.
|Judy and Jordan - SV Sea Turtle|
It has been a productive start to this week. We found me some scuba fins with a foot pocket, as the ones I brought are for my drysuit and hard to keep on in bare feet. I also found a 2 mm shortie wetsuit, which should work over my lycra diveskin to add another layer of warmth, and today we found some neoprene dive socks; all I need now is a bcd - buoyancy compensator device - and we can both go diving. Otherwise, I'll snorkel and keep Kelly in view as he dives. Many people tell us the water is 'cold' - we'll see for ourselves and let you know. It has been a bit of a challenge to locate the annual park passes we need to explore the islands -- they aren't available yet - but an agent at Marina de La Paz is now providing a receipt for payment and will exchange that for the passes when they actually arrive from the government offices.
I'm posting separately recent pictures taken on our walks -- doors, flowers, other things that catch our eye as we continue to enjoy and absorb the sights and sounds of La Paz.